Covid Plan - Spring 2021
UpdatedThursday May 6, 2021 byRye Brook Youth Soccer.
NY Red Bulls and Rye Brook Youth Soccer’s top priority remains the health and safety of our Players, Trainers, Coaches and Parents. Adjustments within the curriculum will be made in accordance with US Soccer, DOH and CDC guidelines as well as recommendations by NY Red Bulls. Vaccination does not exempt anyone from following these policies.
- All sessions conducted outdoors (no indoor training at this time)
- Any clinic program must have pre-registration to ensure controlled group sizes. No walk-up registration is available.
- Sessions will utilize a customized physical distancing curriculum, created by Red Bull Trainers when needed.
- All Teams are required to provide at least one parent coach or monitor for each team session.
- Restrooms should be occupied only by one person at a time.
- The following items/actions are not permitted: spitting, handshakes, high-fives, team huddles, and any other close-contacting activities. Also, heading and throw-ins will not be permitted during practices.
- Trainers will all have hand sanitizer spray for players to use.
- Red Bull Trainers, Parent Coaches and Parent Monitors will support hygienic reminders for players.
- Fields will be labeled with reminders about Physical Distancing. This signage is provided by the various organizations we rent our fields from (Village of Rye Brook, Town of Rye, Blind Brook UFSD)
- All players, staff and volunteers must abide by the New York State Quarantine Guidelines for travel outside of the state. No one who is under a Quarantine Guideline due to travel can attend training or games.
- Any player, staff, or volunteer who has been asked to quarantine (from school, work, etc.) due to either a positive test or contact tracing, should not attend any soccer sessions until that quarentine period is finished.
- If any player or coach is waiting for test results from a COVID-19 test, or plans to take a COVID-19 test during the next two days (other than a regularly scheduled school or other regularly scheduled COVID-19 tests) that player should not participate in any Rye Brook Youth Soccer sessions until the results of the test are obtained and are negative.
- If a player or coach tests positive for COVID-19, please notify the board immediately.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to leave after dropping off their child.
- When dropping off, please make sure your child has been checked in with their trainer, and that you have completed their health questionnaire using the TeamSnap App.
- If parents/guardians must stay, observation must be from pre-designated areas, away from the players.
- Parents/guardians must wear face covering and adhere to social distancing standards.
- At pickup, parents/guardians should leave the field immediately after picking up their child. No one should linger at the field.
- All Players, parent coaches, organization volunteers, and parents/guardians must wear face coverings at all times, even if they have been vaccinated. Please note that this includes players on the field of play during practies and games. Medical exemptions will be made for players.
- Face coverings must be worn by players on arrival, bathroom breaks, and when leaving the field, as well as sitting on the bench or during halftime of games.
- Referees will follow their association guidelines.
- Red Bull Trainers are required to wear face covering at all times
- The Blind Brook School District has published some additional information on their School Reopening Information web page in the "Resources for Parents" section.
- No sharing of water bottles, pinnies, goalkeeping jerseys or gloves whatsoever.
- Players MUST bring their own ball. Trainers will have a supply of spare balls which are cleaned after each training session, but only as a last resort.
- All athletes, coaches, and staff should bring their own water bottle and drinks to practice activities, clearly labeled with the players name.
- Team water coolers for sharing through disposable cups and other types of shared water sources should not be permitted.
- Only Red Bulls Trainers staff should touch the training equipment (cones, balls, goals, pinnies)
- Trainers and Coaches will have hand sanitizer available.
- Parents will be asked to complete a health screening questionnaire prior to every game, practice or clinic session. We will use the “TeamSnap” App for this.
- If parents/guardians are not able to complete the screening, players will be required to undergo evaluation at the field, including a temperature check.
- If any Trainers, Coaches, or Parent Monitors believe that a player is showing symptoms upon arrival, they will be asked to not attend practice.
- If a player, player’s family member, or coach test positive, or comes into contact with anyone who has tested positive, they must notify the Rye Brook Youth Soccer Board immediately.
- Directions on how to use the TeamSnap app can be found here.
- WYSL Guidelines can be found here.
- WYSL Field Setup Procedures can be found here.
A recording of the Sept 9th meeting can be accessed HERE. The passcode is @@PhqY84